Mpumalanga, South Africa December 2003
In December 2003 we will be flying from some of the best - and safest - flying sites in all of South Africa, in the beautiful province of Mpumalanga (see pictures!). At this time of year, the conditions are reliably excellent for soaring, thermalling and XC flying. Magical sites that we will fly from will include Bambi, Vaalkop, Mt Carmel, Gods Window, Sabi, and more! There will even be the option, if the group chooses, of winching with highly experienced local winch operators.
- Airport pickup from Johannesburg International Airport on Saturday the 6th of December.
- Airport drop-off at Johannesburg International Airport on Saturday the 13th of December. This can also be arranged for another date, if you wish to extend your stay, but only this date is included in the price.
- B&B Accommodation, 7 nights.
- 7 days of fantastic flying (depending on the weather, of course!), from some of the best flying sites in of South Africa. The weather, by the way, is very consistent. It is quite likely that you will have great flying conditions every single day.
- Transport to take off, with South African guide / driver.
- Fuel & Road Tolls.
- Compulsory SAHPA Membership. (South African Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association)
- Retrieve service (if you want to fly XC).
- Maps of the area will be provided
- Flight and XC guidance, if required, with radios.
- Transport & Driver/Guide will be available to drive you around in the unlikely case of bad weather. Cost of alternative activities are not included.
If there are any non-flyable days the vehicles and our guides will be available to drive you around and show you about, but activities like, for example, bridge swinging or entrance to the Kruger National Park would be at the individuals cost (i.e. not included in the price). Apart from the fantastic flying, there are more than enough activities to keep anyone busy and entertained in the area, which is incredibly beautiful!
Special offer for this incredible promotional trip, including all of the above: only ??610!
There will be a small group for this exclusive trip - 4 to 7 max - so you will be extremely well looked after!
You will need to allow approx ??10 per day for food.
Flying out on Saturday 6th, returning on Saturday the 13th December 2003 (arriving back on Sunday the 14th).
If you wanted to stay longer after this, this could be arranged, for an extra cost of course.
You will need to fly into Johannesburg 'Jan Smuts' International Airport. There were flights available for ??456.00 from Heathrow (or Manchester), with KLM via Amsterdam, when we last checked (Wednesday the 19th November) with travel agent 'Biggles'. Their number is (020) 8260 0040, and ask for Gary.